Childcare and Welfare
Sligo Traveller Support Group has a variety of roles in relation to childcare issues within the Traveller community.
- On our family visits we provide clients with relevant and appropriate health information and materials.
- These can include information on immunisations and vaccination programmes
- We liaise and work with Tusla in relation to child welfare and safety issues as the need arises.
- We work with Sligo Social Services in relation to any issues that may arise within a family with regards to child welfare.
- We arrange activities for children that promote a healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise.
- We support parents and families with regards to medical appointments, medical cards and other treatments as the need arises.
- STSG staff are Garda vetted and have undergone Child Protection Training.